Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range & Benefits: DOE. Full benefits package.
General Job Description:
The Administrative Assistant’s (AA) primary responsibility is to support UTOPIA/UIA by performing administrative tasks such as handling the mail, ordering office supplies, stocking and maintaining vending machines and break room supplies, scheduling routine maintenance for office equipment, and running errands as requested. The AA provides clerical support for UTOPIA accounting staff; specifically the Accounts Payable Tech and the Accounts Receivable Tech. The job requires interaction with employees, customers, vendors, and visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
The job of the Administrative Assistant is vital to business success. UTOPIA/UIA are growing rapidly, and the Administrative Assistant is integral to ensuring that UTOPIA staff can perform at their best.
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Work experience in an office setting
- Monitor office supplies stock, order supplies as needed, and maintain organized supply cabinets
- Maintain freestyle Coca Cola machine in Murray office, including ordering and stocking product
- Maintain soda/drink fountain in South Salt Lake office, including ordering and stocking product
- Maintain and stock employee vending machines in both offices
- Open and distribute incoming daily mail, manage outgoing daily mail
- Monitor performance of office equipment and request maintenance when needed
- Deliver legal documents to appropriate parties as needed (counties, etc.)
- Scan customer contracts (backlog) into database
- Receive and scan major contractor invoices into Access database
- Deposit checks/cash receipts with bank
- Assist Executive Assistant with setting up board and committee meetings
- Assist Accounts Receivable Technician with resolution of customer billing issues
- Assist Accounts Payable Technician with preparation of Accounts Payable registers
- Microsoft office skills
- Verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Math skills
- Ability to attend to details
- Ability to accomplish tasks in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to become familiar with firm specific programs and software
- Ability to multi-task
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to participate as member of fast-paced team
- Some travel is required
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Screening & Pre-Employment Testing:
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation.