Customer Service Representative
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range & Benefits: $12.50-$15.00/hr DOE plus Sales Commission. Full benefits package.
General Job Description:
Answer inbound calls, emails, and online chats to assist with general Customer Service inquiries, sales, billing, and Tier I troubleshooting for customer support issues. The Customer Service Representative will also be responsible for following up with customer issues for resolution.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a call center environment assisting with sales and service-oriented contacts.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications is required.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 30 wpm.
- Answer incoming phone calls, email/chats, and respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Qualify and place orders for customers
- Place outbound calls to generate sales
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Take payments over the phone and assist with online bill payments
- Place outbound calls for accounts that are past due
- Escalate calls to appropriate staff
- Assist the Network Operations Center staff in identifying issues and trends
- Perform other duties as directed
This is a typical work environment office operation. Tasks require a variety of physical activities such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, not generally involving muscular strain. Job functions normally require talking, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required for most essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
The candidate also must be able to present him or herself in a manner that demonstrates respect, courtesy, professionalism, and kindness towards customer, partners and coworkers. They must have the ability to work independently and without direct supervision. The candidate must be able to express themselves effectively and in an organized and professional manner through written or verbal communications. The candidate must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers.
This work will require frequent exposure to computers, electronics and electrical devices, as well as high-stress situations or environments such as meeting strict deadlines and dealing with the public in confrontational or highly emotional situations. Position may require shift work and may require working unusually long and possible rotation hours that will likely include weekends and holidays. Also includes lifting computer equipment up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, stooping, crawling, assuming uncomfortable positions, and sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
Screening & Pre-Employment Testing:
- Selection for this position may be based largely upon an oral interview. Preference will be given to applicants with Fiber-to-the-Premise experience.
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation.