Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range/Benefits: Competitive/Full Benefits Package
General Job Description:
The DevOps Manager will work with the Operations, Network Engineering (NetEng), Network Operations Center (NOC), and Information Technology (IT) departments to solve operational issues and concerns and manage key operational support systems and applications. The DevOps Manager will also assist NetEng team to plan network maintenance, expand network capacity or address service impacting issues. The DevOps Manager will assist the IT team in integrating operational support systems with business support systems. The DevOps Manager will also be responsible for the automation of configuration for all devices in the UTOPIA Fiber network. Performs additional duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field
- 5-7 years of job related experience which must have included engineering and support of a large Ethernet network; 3-5 years systems installation, management and administration; 3-5 years software development; OR an equivalent combination of job-related education/experience (substituting one year of post-secondary education/training for six months of experience).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts as well as business terms
- Must have excellent communication, documentation, and written skills
- Advanced experience with network monitoring systems (NMS) such as Zabbix, Cacti, MRTG, etc.
- LAN/WAN design, maintenance, and configuration
- L2 switching protocols such as VLANs (802.1q), RSTP, SPB or TRILL, PVSTP, MAC filters, Q in Q, etc.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) experience including customer installation and management
- Advanced abilities of configuration of edge devices from out-of-the-box to production-ready in an active Ethernet fiber to the premise perspective
- Have an advanced working knowledge of MPLS configuration and protocol design including RSVP, LDP, BGP options for core and distribution devices
- Advanced abilities to troubleshoot Linux based systems including Linux firewalls (IPTables)
- Advanced understanding of switching and routing protocols including VLANs (802.1q), OSPF, BGP, ISIS, QOS, Packets, Frames, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of DHCP/DNS/NTP/SNMP/NTP
- Systems Administration including Windows/Linux OS environments
- Installation of physical hardware including racking of servers, routers, switches, etc.
- Virtualization platforms including VMWare, Proxmox, etc.
- Database implementation and administration including MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, etc.
- Understanding of SQL syntax including query statements, joins, etc.
- Configuration protocols such as TR069, NETCONF or YANG
- Configuration applications including Ansible, SALT, Chef, or Puppet
- Programming languages including Python, Java, PHP, etc.
- Understanding of business analytics and business intelligence processes
- This work will generally require sitting at a computer/cubicle for extended periods of time at the UTOPIA Fiber Murray, Utah office
- Some work may take place at remote hut locations or data centers; occasional travel may be necessary
- The position is salary based and expected be at least 40 hours of work per week. The schedule will be flexible but will generally cover business hours. Additional hours or work during off-hours is required in the event of outages, off-hours change windows, emergency, or project deadlines.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal
- Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening
Salary rate depends on applicant qualifications. This is a UTOPIA Fiber full-time salary position and includes UTOPIA Fiber benefits package including URS retirement plan, health insurance with HSA option, dental insurance, and several other benefits. Cell-phone allowance is also available for this position.