North Area Field Service Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, North Area (Box Elder, Davis, & Salt Lake Counties)
General Job Description:
The Field Service Manager will report to the Senior Field Service Manager. Under limited supervision, the Field Service Manager will manage daily routes for the technicians. Field Service Managers will be closely involved in all installs, repairs, new construction, relocates and service provider issues.
The Field Service Manager will interact with internal personnel such as customer service reps, network engineers, NOC techs and management staff. Cities, customers, other utility companies, developers, construction and installation contractors will also rely on the Field Service Manager’s personnel as they request assistance. The Field Service Manager personnel will also support service providers that provide services on the UTOPIA Fiber network.
- Requires HS Diploma or GED, with 1+ years of experience as a Field Service Technician
- Prefer 1+ years in a manager role
- Monitor and maintain the operational infrastructure
- Manage and oversee repairs to network outages
- Review, release and manage the installations of business and residential customers
- Design, release and manage one-off design, including H.O.A builds
- Attend and facilitate construction meetings with member cities
- Design and facilitate the management of relocation projects
- Schedule out the daily routes of the technicians
- Finish damage investigations and turn over to finance for billing
- Assist the Technicians, Customers, Contractors and other Entities with any issues related to UTOPIA Fiber’s network or services; including but not limited to service calls, install issues, repairs, new build projects. relocations, scheduling, routing, invoicing and service provider issues.
- Field Service Managers will provide after-hours support for network emergency response when required.
- Field Service Managers will work along with contractors providing quality control reports, field inspection, redesigns, permitting issues, and creating follow up appointments along with countless other duties.
- This position will also include inside and outside wiring for internet, video, and telephone for various services providers. Some travel required.
- Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge and education
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal
- Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment
- Must be able to pass a color blindness test (Ishihara test)
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds
- Must be able to lift, carry, setup and climb 28-foot extension ladder
- 40+ hours a week based on workload
- Willing to work in outdoor conditions in all types of weather
- Some travel required to network locations/customer sites
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation