OSP Locate Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range/Benefits: Competitive/Full benefits package
General Job Description:
This is a skilled position with the responsibility of using mechanical/technical equipment to accurately locate underground facilities, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork, and photographing each locate.
- Requires HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to use company provided locate equipment and technology to accurately locate underground utilities.
- Ability to read maps and blueprints
- Experience with various brands of locating equipment
- Interpret job order tickers
- Determine efficient route to each locate in rural and urban areas
- Must be able to operate a computer to document and close tickets
- Ability to work alone and independently
- Working knowledge and experience with underground construction and fiber builds
- Knowledge of City, County and State clearance codes
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication both verbally and written
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills and ability to exercise independent judgment and personal initiative in decision making
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Perform other work related duties
- Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education.
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
- Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds
- Ability to remove and replace manhole lids
- Willing to work in outdoor conditions in all types of weather
- Some travel required to network locations/customer sites
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes
- Overtime as required
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation.