Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range & Benefits: Competitive/Full benefits package
General Job Description:
The Marketing Coordinator is an entry-level position that will assist the marketing team in the implementation of all marketing activities, working closely to increase awareness and drive sales. You will be expected to assist in the development of collateral tools, including presentations and marketing materials and help with promotional programs and campaign strategies to increase product awareness. You will work closely with all departments of the organization to help carry out marketing plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Marketing or Communications. Experience can be substituted for degree.
- 2 years’ experience in marketing or related field.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, prioritize them, and deliver first-rate work on each one.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Experience with digital marketing, excellent writing, copyediting, and general communications skills. Writing sample will be required.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to operate with uncertainty, multitask, prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Bottom line is you have to be ready for anything, be excited, and bring a positive outlook to the table.
- Highly proficient across all Microsoft Office programs and willing to learn new programs as needed.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Graphic design sample is optional.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Event planning experience
- Experience managing a budget
- Prior public relations knowledge and experience is a strong plus
- Interest or experience in city government
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to develop marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Help coordinate the flow of information and communication and disseminate it according to plans and strategies.
- Assist with managing social media channels and deliver content via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, email, or direct mail.
- Plan and execute meetings and events throughout UTOPIA Fiber’s member cities by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists, etc. (weekend and nights may be required).
- Help launch and maintain sales promotions.
- Assist the residential and business sales teams as needed.
- Assist in writing and editing sales and marketing materials, which include website copy, press releases, and marketing collateral.
- Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with vendors, inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt, etc.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales and marketing data.
- Help create and manage customer surveys and help disseminate relevant information throughout the organization.
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising, and maintain research databases.
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, and speaking proposals.
- Completing sales-related and marketing administrative duties as assigned. (ie: stuffing envelopes, assembling welcome packets, etc.)
Screening & Pre-Employment Testing:
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal.
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation.