Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range/Benefits: Competitive/Full Benefits Package
General Job Description:
The Software Developer will work with all aspects of UTOPIA Fiber to solve operational issues and concerns and manage key operational support systems and applications. The Software Developer will also assist the DevOps Manager and Chief Technical Officer in development of key systems and applications that support UTOPIA Fiber’s Marketing/Sales, Finance, Operations, and Engineering departments. Performs additional duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years software development; 1+ years with systems installation, management, and administration; OR an equivalent combination of job-related education/experience (substituting one year of post-secondary education/training for six months of experience).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts as well as business terms
- Must have excellent communication, documentation and written skills
- Must be a team player
- Experience with network monitoring systems (NMS) such as Zabbix, Cacti, MRTG, etc.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Experience with cloud based applications
- Application security including monitoring, build, white hat, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Microsoft Great Plains
- Systems Administration including Windows/Linux OS environments
- Virtualization platforms including VMWare, Proxmox, etc.
- Database implementation and administration including MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Understanding of SQL syntax including query statements, joins, etc.
- Application methodologies such as REST API, SOAP, etc.
- Frameworks such as Code Igniter, bootstrap, etc.
- Understanding of business analytics and business intelligence for reporting processes
- This work will generally require sitting at a computer/cubicle for extended periods of time at the UTOPIA Fiber Murray, Utah office
- Some work may take place at remote hut locations or data centers; occasional travel may be required
- The position is salary based and expected be at least 40 hours of work per week. The schedule will be flexible but will generally cover business hours. Additional hours or work during off-hours is required in the event of outages, off-hours change windows, emergency, or project deadlines.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal
- Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening
Salary rate depends on applicant qualifications. This is a UTOPIA Fiber full-time salary position and includes UTOPIA Fiber benefits package including URS retirement plan, health insurance with HSA option, dental insurance, and several other benefits.