General Job Description
The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate executive communications for the Chief Executive Officer and other senior positions (CFO, Marketing Director, Director of Operations, and General Counsel); update and maintain UTOPIA’s policy and procedures manual; organize, assist with, and record minutes of board meetings; manage posting and hiring of staff and assist with onboarding; prepare documents for presentations; manage UTOPIA vehicle fleet; manage travel itineraries for UTOPIA staff; track GRAMA requests; and assist with customer billing.
The Executive Assistant will interact with UTOPIA directors and managers as well as staff members from IT, accounting, marketing, field services, and network operations; staff and elected officials of participating cities; and outside consultants such as legal counsel, financial advisor, and engineering.
Under limited supervision, the Executive Assistant will develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and UTOPIA/UIA member cities, nonmember cities, legislators, consultants, and other parties. Some travel is required.
Education and Experience
- Possess a Bachelors Degree (business is preferable)
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience OR an equivalent combination of job-related education/experience (substituting one year of post-secondary education/training for six months of experience.)
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to become familiar with firm specific programs and software
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Willingness to participate as member of fast-paced team
- Basic math skills; accounting skills are a plus
- Ability to work some overtime as needed
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.