Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range/Benefits: Competitive/Full benefits package
General Job Description:
We are looking for an energetic Warehouse Tech to receive and dispatch merchandise to and from our warehouse.
Responsibilities include ensuring cleanliness, tidiness and safety of work environment, loading and unloading delivery vehicles, accepting delivery of inventory, counting and confirming inventory, inspecting inventory for damage and faults, communicating errors to relevant parties, marking and labeling stock, storing inventory in accessible manner, loading and wrapping stock on pallets, and building loads with forklift and electronic pallet jack.
Other responsibilities include assisting the Warehouse Manager in purchasing of equipment and materials in order to facilitate the buildout of the UTOPIA Fiber network, organizing and cleaning of warehouse, and delivery of equipment and materials to various job sites.
To ensure success you need the ability to follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants are hard-working, focused, and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Requires a High School diploma/GED or higher; minimum 1 year of job related experience which must have included supporting a warehouse or inventory control position
- Forklift Certification
- Data entry skills
- Safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Inventory control methodologies
- Experience with operating standard hand tools
- Experience with ticketing systems, chat and text systems, email systems, Microsoft Word and Excel or Google docs, etc.
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication both verbally and written
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills and ability to exercise independent judgment and personal initiative in decision making
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with telecommunications equipment
- Based on meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal
- Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment
- Must be physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pound boxes of materials
- Must be able to drive a forklift
- Travel required to network locations/customer sites
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation