10 Gbps Information
We offer the fastest internet service speed you can get in the U.S. – 10 Gbps So, how fast is 10 gigs? Well, you could download a 4K movie in less than 30 seconds or you could stream around 1,700 movies simultaneously. The possibilities are endless. For FAQ’s, more detailed configurations, and more, just keep on scrolling!
For a detailed template on how to configure your 10 Gbps connection, click here
Home Router Info
The basic home router setup will involve having the port that is plugged into the UTOPIA Fiber network set up for DHCP. A second interface on a port facing the customer’s devices should be configured using 192.168.0.1/24 as the router interface. NAT should be used to connect home devices.
10 Gbps FAQ’s
Currently only Advanced Stream, brigham.net, Sumo Fiber, Veracity Networks, and XMission offer 10 Gbps, but we anticipate more providers offering this in the near future.
Each ISP is different. You’ll need to contact them directly for their limitations, but you can see basic terms of service here.
UTOPIA Fiber’s connection cost is $30/month. ISP pricing is as follows:
- Advanced Stream: $199.99
- brigham.net: $199.99/month
- Sumo Fiber: Premium, $200.00 – Basic $170.00
- Veracity Networks: $199.99/month
- XMission: $250/month
You can find all pricing options here under Table 1.
- Advanced Stream: Does not require any contract.
- brigham.net: Requires a 1-year contract on new installs.
- Sumo Fiber: Does not require any contract.
- Veracity Networks: Requires a 2-year contract.
- XMission: Does not require any contract.
You can find UTOPIA Fiber’s contract options here under Table 2.
Minimum 15 business days
In our lab testing, we are able to reliably reach 3-5 Gbps results from speedtest.net. You may obtain better results over time due to improvements in hardware/software. Keep in mind, some speed test sites have limitations on this type of offering and may not be able to test speeds this high.
In order to connect to the UTOPIA Fiber network, you will need to provide the following:
- An OM3 or OM4 grade Multimode Duplex LC Jumper to connect between your equipment and our switch.
- An OM3/4 cable will typically have an aqua colored jacket.
- This can be purchased from: https://www.fs.com/products/41736.html
- OM1 grade jumpers can’t be used for the connection. OM1 jumpers typically have an orange colored jacket.
- You will need to supply a 10GBase-SR optic for your equipment.
- 10GBASE-T connections are not available for this product.
- A switch/router capable of accepting a 10G connection.
No, you will need to provide your own.
A good basic configuration is to have a 10 Gbps capable router accept the 10 Gbps connection and provide NAT service to multiple 1 Gbps connected devices. Click here for more information.