December Monthly Update
December 31st, 2019
It has been a busy, productive year at UTOPIA Fiber. We are rapidly expanding in our member cities, creating new partnerships, and adding new cities to our network. Here is a breakdown of our recent progress:
- UTOPIA Fiber is now available to over 100,000 addresses. In 2019, we laid 1.2 million feet of fiber and opened 41 new footprints. The future of fiber broadband is bright, and we are proud to be at the forefront of this exciting movement.
- Broadband Breakfast and Broadband Communities published an article about our history and recent success that you can read here.
- The first phase of the WV035 footprint in West Valley City is complete. With this opening, UTOPIA Fiber is now available to 160 additional homes. West Valley City residents in this area can sign up for service here.
- Phase 1 of the MR001 footprint in Morgan City is complete, ~230 additional homes can now sign up for UTOPIA Fiber’s blazing fast Internet. Morgan City residents, check out our service maps, build-out timelines, and information on how to sign up for our services.
- Due to strong demand within the community, Payson City has decided to expedite their UTOPIA Fiber timeline. Read our press release about Payson City here. Payson residents: check out our service maps, build-out timelines, and information on how to sign up for our services.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) published an article about the need for fiber broadband that mentioned UTOPIA Fiber’s expansion. “Utah is proving to be a hotbed of forward-thinking activity with the consistent expansion of an open-access fiber network run by local cities called UTOPIA.” Read the full article here.
- Check out our buildout timeline here to see what we have planned for your city in 2020.
Keep checking our news page for more updates. We have exciting things in the works that we can’t wait to share with you.