Assistant Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time, generally between the hours 8am to 5pm. Some weekends may be required.
Pay Range/Benefits: $45-$55k Annually/Full benefits package
General Job Description
This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building a career in Project Management. UTOPIA Fiber is a fast-growing leading broadband provider in the Telecom industry.
The successful applicant will support the Chief Project Officer, managing multiple projects and assist in implementing PM practices across the organization. The ideal candidate will support various project delivery activities routinely, as well as those assigned on a day-to-day basis.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Associates or BA Degree in Business Management, Project Management or related field preferred
- Project Management Certification preferred, but not required
- 2 years Experience in Telecom environment. Previous experience in project management a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of project and project management methodologies and their practical applications, and the role of a PMO in an organization
- Work under pressure in a complex environment and deliver work with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Collaborate across disciplines/teams to identify optimum mitigation and corrective actions
- Strong organizational skills: Detail oriented, ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed.
- Dependable, accountable with a high level of integrity
- Excel, MSOffice Suite, Virtual Meeting tools, Smartsheet, CRM, other PM software
- Perform some administrative tasks, such as order entry, various duties. Communicating priorities, tracking status, issue resolution, progress reporting . Helping to identify emerging issues and providing recommendations on potential courses of action.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external customers, partners, and managers. Meeting coordination; planning, scheduling, coordination of both in person, and virtual meetings. Other duties as assigned
Screening & Pre-Employment Testing
- Based on the meeting the minimum requirements and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background investigation
- Valid, lawful driver’s license is required at time of appointment