Business Sales Development Associate
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $43,000 – $48,000 Annual/Full benefits package
General Job Description:
This position is responsible to work with the UTOPIA Fiber sales staff, Internet Service Providers (ISP), and customers to support and improve sales efforts by supporting immediate needs and activities. The candidate should have ample skill in sales, new area development, hunting & tracking and interaction with people. The Business Sales Development Associate is directly responsible for the identification, contact, qualification and development of viable new accounts.
The Business Sales Development Associate will report directly to the Sales Director.
- Maintain knowledge of pricing, products and network capabilities as well as pricing promotions, changes and trends
- Schedule site visits with end users to assist with install information
- Assist the business sales team with administrative duties as assigned
- Develop new sales territories; set up call lists for Senior Sales
- Fiber footprint development; develop new opportunities through research
- Cold calling
- Assist the Channel sales program for UTOPIA Fiber business sales, oversee relationships with end users
- Help meet revenue targets based on quota
- Perform account planning and positioning for commercial accountsParticipate in community and industry-related events to further develop the opportunities to procure new business
- Manage the prospecting plan development and execution for new accounts
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- Effective communicator via phone and email
- Experience in building strategic plans for sales growth and development including account and activity planning and development
- Significant experience related to marketing, sales, business development, strategic alliances in the telecom industry
- Proven talent for making effective cold calls to target companies highly preferred
- Ability to learn technical products, services and solutions and readily apply new knowledge required
- Proficient with PC-based applications such as MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, sales performance/tracking programs, internet and email skills
- Display ability to think critically through issues to identify an appropriate solution
- Maintain a role of ethics and honesty
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a related industry, or work experience that includes independent research, problem solving, teamwork and solid communication skills
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all online tools.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Highly responsive, self-motivated and able to act on own initiative
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain quality while working under pressure
Full-Time, generally between the hours of 8am to 5pm. Some weekends may be required.
Minimum: High School Diploma
Screening & Pre-Employment Testing:
- Criminal background checks are conducted on all UTOPIA Fiber positions; non-disclosure may result in dismissal
- Prior to appointment, applicant will be required to successfully pass a drug screening and background check