How to Use Virtual Backgrounds on Zoom
May 14th, 2020
Tired of calling into virtual meetings in front of the same boring white wall? Spice up your next Zoom call with these hilarious backgrounds! Zoom comes with a few generic backgrounds already installed, but if you want to take things to the next level you can download your own backgrounds. Here’s how to do it:
How to Change Your Zoom Background
Saving your image
- Right click on the image you want to use and select Save Image As.
- Save the image to your computer.
Uploading Images to Zoom
- Open your Zoom app (if you don’t already have it, you can download it for free on your smart phone or desktop from the App Store).
- Go to Settings.
- Select Virtual Background.
- Select the + Icon on the right side of your screen.
- Select Add Photo, then select the image you want to use.
Using Zoom Backgrounds in a Meeting
- While in a Zoom meeting, select the arrow next to Stop Video, then select Choose Virtual Background...
- Select the background you want to use.
- To remove the background repeat Step 1 and select None on your virtual background options.
Now that you know how to use Zoom backgrounds, here are some of our favorite backgrounds that will crack up your coworkers and friends (and hide all the dirty laundry in your living room).
“I went to work every day prepared to die in a tiger cage.”
This one isn’t exactly funny, but it is CUTE. Who can say no to that adorable face?
Stacks of toilet paper
Let your coworkers know that you’re fully stocked with the hottest commodity on the market right now: toilet paper.
Become the King or Queen of Westeros, no bloodshed or wildfire needed.
Picture of your office
Missing your office? Join in on your next all hands meeting from your virtual cubical.
There’s no better way to let your coworkers know you’d rather be playing video games than working.
Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.
Windows XP Background
Windows may have retired this famous image last year, but you can still keep the iconic background alive and well in your team meetings.
A great way to invite your coworkers over to your island, while still getting work done.
Distracted Boyfriend Meme
Impress your internet-savvy friends and coworkers by referencing this iconic meme.
Zoom meetings work best with high-speed Internet that doesn’t lag or have downtime during peak usage times. Sign up for UTOPIA Fiber today to make sure your Internet speeds are always lightning fast! Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We’d love to hear from you.