“I am UTOPIA” Contest
October 1st, 2012
UTOPIA is a community-owned fiber optic network dedicated to making advanced broadband a reality for our member cities in Utah. This network allows residents, business, and other institutions to connect to the world in a way they have never experienced before, providing blazing fast Internet speeds, phone, and television services.
Whether you’re a current UTOPIA subscriber or just want to be, we want you to tell the world what UTOPIA means to you. Everyone who participates will receive a free “I Am UTOPIA” T-shirt and all eligible videos have the chance to win one of four prizes. The contest begins Oct. 1, 2012, and ends on Nov. 30, 2012.
Here’s what we need:
- Make a 60-90 second video and upload it on YouTube.
- While it’s a little old, this clip will explain how to upload.
- Begin the video with “My name is ___________ of (city). I am UTOPIA, and this is what the network means to me.”
- Title the video “I am UTOPIA”
- Tag the video in YouTube with “fiber,” “UTOPIA,” and “fast internet”
- Video description must include link to our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/utahfiber
- Content of video must address what UTOPIA means to you. Or, if you are not yet a subscriber, tell us why you want UTOPIA
- If you use UTOPIA at your business, tell us how it helps you be more successful.
- Each participant can have one individual entry and one business entry at any given time.
View our simple example video here.
Once your video is live, visit our Facebook page. Like us if you haven’t already and share a link to your video. Or, e-mail us the link at email@example.com.
- UTOPIA Staff Favorite: $50 Visa debit gift card. At least 10 eligible videos must be submitted for this prize to be awarded. UTOPIA employees will vote on all eligible videos from Dec. 1, 2012 to Dec. 7, 2012.
- Most creative, as determined by UTOPIA marketing: Apple TV. At least 20 eligible videos must be submitted for this prize to be awarded. UTOPIA marketing department will vote on this category by Dec. 7, 2012.
- Most viewed through 60 days: 5th Generation (2012) 32 GB iPod touch. At least 30 eligible videos must be submitted for this prize to be awarded. Winner determined by view tallies as recorded on YouTube as of Friday, Nov. 30, 2012.
- Grand Prize, Most likes: 42-inch LED TV or 16 GB WiFi iPad 2, winner’s choice. At least 50 eligible videos must be submitted for this prize to be awarded. Winner determined by total number of YouTube likes as of Friday, Nov. 30, 2012.
Prize winners will be announced by Dec. 13th, 2012.
So, get busy! High quality work is great, but we aren’t looking for professional-grade productions here. Make a video with your phone, make a video with Super 8, make a video with CGI—just make one! Then, start sharing your video and you’ll have the chance to win. Remember, You ARE UTOPIA!
Be sure to review the complete competition rules at www.utopianet.org/contest.