Customer Service Team Lead
April 13th, 2015
Customer Service Team Lead
Position Type: – Full Time
Pay Rate: $17 to $22 DOQ
Summary/Objective: The Customer Service Team Lead position is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service by daily management of a small team of employees to include: hiring, motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training, and problem solving. You will be expected to perform the duties of a customer service agent at least 60% of the time which includes, sales, scheduling, billing, collections, complaints, account questions, cancellations, communications with our various service providers and other tasks as they arise. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting the sales and marketing department with development, analysis and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling and reward/recognition programs.
- Support and motivate a team of 3-5 representatives to meet and exceed monthlysales goals.
- Ensure timely processing of customer orders
- Help resolve customer and service provider requests/complaints in a timely manner
- Responsible for managing reports in multiple systems and online tools
- Identifies system and workflow improvements to enhance the CS team’s efficiency
- Drive positive morale in the customer service department
- Conduct regular quality performance reviews on each CS team member.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring potential candidates for the customer service representative position.
- 2+ years in a Customer Service role with a passion for customer service and a positive attitude.
- Excellent spoken and written English and great listening skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Strong aptitude to learning new skills
- Good people management skills and knowledge
Full-Time, generally between the hours 8am to 5pm. Some weekend days may be required.
Minimum: High School Diploma
Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, fully paid Utah State Retirement Plan and an optional 457 Retirement Plan, paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays, gym reimbursement and more.
Work Environment: Tasks require a variety of physical activities such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, not generally involving muscular strain. Job functions normally require talking, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required for most essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
General Conditions: The candidate also must be able to present him or herself in a manner that demonstrates respect, courtesy, professionalism, and kindness towards customers, partners and coworkers. They must have the ability to work independently and without direct supervision. The candidate must be able to express themselves effectively and in an organized and professional manner through written or verbal communications. The candidate must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers.
Physical/Environment Factors: This work will require frequent exposure to computers, electronics and electrical devices, and high-stress situations or environments such as meeting strict deadlines and dealing with the public in confrontation or highly emotional situations. Also includes lifting computer equipment up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, stooping, crawling, assuming uncomfortable positions, and sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
Supplemental Information: SCREENING: Based on meeting the minimum requirement and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Selection for this position may be based largely upon an oral interview. Preference will be given to applications with Fiber to the Premise experience. Criminal background checks are conducted on all positions. Non-disclosure may result in dismissal.