November Monthly Update
November 27th, 2019
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and this year we are thankful for our hardworking staff and partners who have helped UTOPIA Fiber achieve major growth in 2019. Here is a breakdown of the latest news for UTOPIA Fiber’s network:
- We are excited to announce that we have completed our latest round of funding that will infuse UTOPIA Fiber with $48 million to be used for the expansion of our network. This round of funding is the fourth and largest that our sister agency, UIA, has closed on within the last year.
- We have made major progress in West Valley City this past month, finishing the last phase of WV013 and opening a new footprint: WV028. West Valley City residents can check out our service maps, build-out timelines, and information on how to sign up for our services.
- Morgan City saw its first partial footprint release earlier this month. By the end of February 2020, we plan for all businesses and residents in Morgan City to have access to UTOPIA Fiber.
- Exciting news for West Point City: they have partnered with us to provide a city-wide fiber network. West Point will see its first connections as soon as this January and by the end of 2020 all residents and businesses will be able to connect.
- The Morgan City Open House on November 20th had an awesome turn out and we answered some great questions from attendees. To see pictures from the event, click here.
- Google has released their new product, Google Stadia, that is capable of streaming video games up to 4K resolution at 60 frames per second. This is a huge step forward in video game streaming, and will work best on a fiber network like ours that can provide speeds up to 10 Gbps.
Keep checking our news page for more updates and reach out to us with suggestions of what you would like us add to our website. We would love to hear from you!