March Monthly Update
April 1st, 2021
Spring has officially sprung in Utah, and we’re excited to fill you in on what we’ve been up to here at UTOPIA Fiber! As always, we’re staying busy and working hard to connect people to our community-owned network. We’re also excited to announce that we are actively looking for new team members to help build-out our network. Read on to see what we accomplished this March.
- We’re hiring! We are currently seeking individuals to join our team in multiple different positions. Follow this link to see what positions are open.
- New legislation that aims to expand affordable high-speed internet has been introduced by members of the House Rural Broadband Task Force. Click this link to read our CEO, Roger Timmerman’s, statement on the Accessible Affordable Internet for All Act. You can learn more about the legislation here.
- It’s almost sprinkler season! If you turn on your sprinklers for the year and notice your sprinkler line was disturbed by our crews, don’t worry! We’ll come out right away to get everything back to its original condition. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-613-3880, and we will send someone out within 24 hours.
Our crews have been working hard this month to complete our upcoming footprint releases. (If you see them in your neighborhood, don’t forget to say hi!) A lot of building is happening right now, and several footprints are close to being released. Check out our build-out timelines for upcoming releases. And make sure to fill out your information at http://givemeutopiafiber.com/ so that we can contact you as soon as your home is ready for sign-up!
UTOPIA Fiber in the news
- We believe everyone deserves reliable Internet! Read this article by the Electric Frontier Foundation for an explanation of the digital divide and information about the success of our open access, community-owned network.
- Check out this episode of the Broadband Bunch’s Podcast to hear our CMO, Kim McKinley, and CEO, Roger Timmerman talk about our progress in 2020!
Blog and Vlog posts
- If you’re wondering how fast your Internet truly is, the best way to test out your speed is to perform a speed test. To help you understand how speed tests work, we gathered up a list of the most asked questions about speed tests in this blog post!
- Are you ready for the fastest Internet in the nation? Watch this first! In this video, we’ll explain our 10 Gig speeds, setup, and prices with the help of one of our Network Engineers.
- UTOPIA Fiber is the largest, fastest-growing, and most successful Open Access network in the United States. But what does open access mean exactly? We broke that down for you in this blog post!
- We offer fiber-optic speeds up to 10 Gbps- the fastest broadband speed available in the U.S. today! With speeds that fast, you won’t have to worry about your Internet being able to keep up, now or in the future. For more information, check out this blog post about future-proofing your home with fiber.