April Monthly Update
May 5th, 2021
Another month has flown by and we’re here again to brag about our progress in the last month! Read on to see what our team got up to this April.
- We’re excited to announce that we have partnered with the City of Pleasant Grove to connect all homes and businesses in their city! Stay tuned for build-out timelines and availability maps, and check out our press release for more information.
- We’re hiring! We are currently seeking individuals to join our team. Follow this link to see what positions are open.
- It’s officially sprinkler season! If you notice your sprinkler line was disturbed by our crews, don’t worry! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-613-3880, and we will send someone out within 24 hours.
A lot of building is going on right now in our cities, so make sure to check out our build-out timelines for upcoming releases. And fill out your information at http://givemeutopiafiber.com/ so that we can contact you as soon as your home is ready for sign-up! Here’s a run-down of the release(s) we had this past month.
- 33 homes in West Point City can say goodbye to slow internet! Residents in this WP001.7 subdivision can sign up now for the fastest speeds in the nation.
- We released a whopping 1,576 homes in Orem City this month! Residents in OR019 can sign up today for the fastest speeds in the nation
UTOPIA Fiber in the news
- Our CMO, Kim McKinley, spoke on the Connect This! podcast about infrastructure funding in the recently signed American Rescue Plan Act. You can check it out here.
- The Daily Herald, Utah Business, and KSL wrote articles about our Pleasant Grove partnership, check them out to learn more!
- Our CMO, Kim McKinley, spoke with other panelists on the Broadband Bunch Podcast recently about the Open Access Network business model.
Blog and Vlog posts
- You’ve probably heard that some fiber networks use “lit fiber” and some use “dark fiber.” But what does that mean exactly? Check out this blog post to learn more.
- What is the true difference between download and upload speeds? And are upload speeds as important as download speeds? Let’s talk about it! Check out this blog post for a full run down.
- In our newest vlog and blog, we’ll explain the benefits of using fiber-optics for your business, with the help of our Business Sales Director, Brad!