February Monthly Update
March 2nd, 2020
In the month of February, UTOPIA Fiber completed 3 additional footprints for Morgan City and Layton City’s fiber projects and had a preliminary meeting with the City of Clinton to speak about partnership. Here is a breakdown of our progress this past month:
- In February alone, we completed MR001 Phase 2 (~560 homes), Phase 3 (~320 homes), and Phase 4 (~92 homes). Morgan City is a rural community with approximately 1,600 residents that now has better connectivity than major U.S. cities. Morgan residents can sign up for service here.
- We made major progress in Layton this month as well, releasing LA004 (~78 homes), LA025 Phase 3 (~119 homes), and Phase 4 (~332 homes). Check back soon for more areas to be released in LA025. We plan to have Layton City complete by the end of March. The city’s nearly 80,000 residents and businesses will soon have access to the fastest internet speeds in the nation. Layton residents in this area: sign up for service here.
- The City of Clinton asked UTOPIA Fiber to present to their city council earlier this month. Their council has decided to conduct a feasibility study on broadband. If you are a resident of Clinton, Utah and are interested in UTOPIA Fiber, fill out your information at givemeutopiafiber.com.
- Our project in West Point City, Utah was featured on KSL.com and Broadband Breakfast this month. This project will ensure that 10,000 West Point residents have access to UTOPIA Fiber by the end of 2020. The first footprint in West Point is scheduled to be released in the 2nd Quarter of 2020. West Point residents: enter your information at givemeutopiafiber.com and we will contact you once your address is available to connect to UTOPIA Fiber.
- Wondering what the benefits of signing up for UTOPIA Fiber are? Read our recent blog post here for a breakdown of the many benefits of fiber broadband. Spoiler alert: With UTOPIA Fiber you can reach speeds 30 times faster than the average internet connection. Plus, you enjoy the same lightning fast performance for parallel download and upload speeds.
- Currently, UTOPIA Fiber has 11 residential internet service providers (ISPs) on our network. We know it can be hard to decide between all of these excellent providers. To make your decision easier, we asked each ISP to share what they want our customers to know about their service. Here are their answers.
Things are moving at light speed here at UTOPIA Fiber and we are building faster than ever. Keep checking our Twitter, Facebook, and News page for more updates, and reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions. We would love to hear from you!