March Monthly Update
March 31st, 2020
March was the busiest month in UTOPIA Fiber history. As many people have shifted to working and teaching their children from home, the need for dependable broadband has skyrocketed. This month we have seen the largest increase in subscribers in our history with an approximately 40% increase in sign-ups. Here is a breakdown of our progress in March:
- In light of the COVID-19 epidemic, we wanted to remind our customers that our installation crews and technicians are conducting business as usual but are taking every precaution to decrease the spread of germs, including extra sanitation and protective gear. Our employees, customers, and their families are our top priority at this time.
- This month we made the monumental step of completing Layton City’s fiber project. An original member city, Layton is one of the first cities in the nation to be fully connected to fiber. Nearly 80,000 residents now have access to the fastest internet speeds in the nation. Read our press release and Broadband Communities article for more information on our completion of Layton City’s fiber project.
- We made major progress in West Valley City this month as well, releasing WV035 with a whopping ~944 homes. West Valley City residents: check out our build-out timeline and availability map to see when you can sign up for service.
- FOX 13 News followed along with our installation team as they raced to meet demand that has skyrocketed with so many families staying home. Read the article and watch their news segment here. The Daily Herald also wrote an article about the uptick in subscribers on our network. You can read their coverage here.
- UTOPIA Fiber CEO, Roger Timmerman, participated in a podcast with BroadbandBreakfast.com about how the internet is holding up with increased traffic patterns in the daytime now that so many people are working from home. You can listen to their discussion here.
- With so many people stuck at home, many are beginning to wonder if their broadband can handle the strain. We spoke with a UTOPIA Fiber 1 gig residential customer to see how his speeds are holding up during this unprecedented time. Here is what he had to say about his service.
- We created a page on our website where you can find our internet service provider’s promotions. Check it out here, and don’t forget to check out our ISP review page as well.