June Monthly Update
July 1st, 2020
The summer months are finally upon us! It’s heating up in Utah and here at UTOPIA Fiber we’ve been drinking lots of lemonade, releasing lots of footprints, and connecting as many customers as possible to our community-owned fiber network. Here is a breakdown of the progress we made this June.
Residents who live in the areas below can sign up here for 250 Mbps, 1 Gbps, or 10 Gbps speeds on our ultra-fast fiber network. If you’re located in one of our member cities and are eagerly waiting for your footprint to be complete, enter your information at givemeutopiafiber.com and we will contact you as soon as your home is serviceable.
- We completed PA020 connecting an additional ~503 addresses in Payson City, Utah.
- More addresses were released in Midvale City, Utah and these ~516 homes in MD003 can sign up now for fiber speeds.
- We made progress in Murray City this month as well, releasing a partial area of the MU017 footprint with an additional ~74 addresses.
- We also completed the entire OR028 footprint with ~712 addresses ready to be wired with fiber in Orem City.
Below is a list of the HOAs that we built-out in June. Most HOAs are built on private roads and we cannot service the homes in that area unless the HOA board allows us to. If you live in an HOA, reach out to your HOA president or management and encourage them to contact us to go over options. They can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|BR006 & Eagle Crest||192*||BR006|
|Hidden Hollow Estates||26||OR028|
|Park Lane Estates||43||OR028|
*Eagle Crest is a little different. There’s only 139 homes in that HOA, but there’s 53 other homes we built at the same time that are not located in the HOA.
UTOPIA Fiber in the news
- Our CEO, Roger Timmerman, chatted with Broadband Breakfast and other panelists about digital infrastructure investment and UTOPIA Fiber’s open access model. You can listen to their conversation here.
- Broadband Breakfast also released an article about smart city applications this month with an explanation from our CEO about the benefits of smart city applications.
- We are excited to be featured on this list of the top 100 Fiber-To-The-Home networks by Broadband Communities Magazine. As the largest open-access fiber network in the nation, we love to watch fiber projects grow each year!
- Check out this awesome video from a local tech expert Quinn Nelson (AKA Snazzy Labs) explaining his switch to UTOPIA Fiber and how his fast 1 gig speeds are.
- Felicity Barringer Taubman, from Stanford University’s Bill Lane Center for the American West, recently wrote an explanatory piece on rural broadband that features UTOPIA Fiber’s history and recent success.
- Read this blog post for a breakdown of the most common broadband terms into simple explanations that anyone can understand. This guide will teach you your Broadband ABCs with no confusing jargon or complicated technical terms.
- Ever wondered what a UTOPIA Fiber install is like? Our Marketing Coordinator got UTOPIA Fiber installed in her home and broke the process down for you step by step.
- UTOPIA Fiber customers have two companies working together to provide your lightning fast Internet speeds: us and your Internet Service Provider. Read this blog for a breakdown of who you should contact and how when you have questions about your service.