July Monthly Update
August 3rd, 2020
This summer is going by fast, and here at UTOPIA Fiber, we’re completing new footprints even faster! This month we released six brand-new footprints and completed the construction of three townhomes and HOAs. We also announced our new wildfire detection initiative, the EDWIN Project. Here is a breakdown of the progress we made in July.
If you live in one of the areas below, you can sign up here for speeds up to 10 Gbps on our community-owned fiber network! If you’re waiting for your footprint to be built-out, make sure to enter your information at givemeutopiafiber.com so that we can contact you as soon as your home is ready to sign up.
- We made tremendous progress in West Point City this month, completing WP001 Phase 1 with 224 addresses, an additional 251 addresses in WP001 Phase 2, and 175 address in WP001 Phase 3. Stay tuned for the rest of West Point City to be released in the upcoming months!
- More addresses were released in West Valley City as well, with 468 homes in the WV040 Phase 1 and the first section of our WV016 footprint with 136 additional addresses ready to sign up for fiber speeds.
- We also connected an additional 42 homes in Orem City this month in our OR011 footprint.
Below is a list of the HOAs that we built-out in July. HOAs and townhomes are typically built on private roads, which means we cannot service the homes in that area unless the HOA board or property manager allows us to. If you live in an HOA community, reach out to your HOA president or management, and encourage them to contact us at email@example.com to discuss options.
|Mountain View Estates||12||TR002|
|Legacy Village Townhomes||54||LA017|
|The Courtyard at Angel Street||35||LA014|
UTOPIA Fiber in the news
- Our Chief Marketing Officer, Kim McKinley, spoke with Broadband Communities about how we are working to support remote learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can listen to the webinar here.
- This month we announced our new fire detection initiative, the EDWIN Project (Early Detection Wildfire Imaging Network), that monitors high-risk wildfire areas utilizing fiber-connected thermal imaging cameras. Read our press release about the project to learn more. This project was covered by The Salt Lake Tribune, KSL.com, KUTV, Smart Cities World, and Broadband Communities Magazine.
- How fast are UTOPIA Fiber speeds? The short answer is ultra-fast. Click this link to read our blog post about fiber-optic speeds, including a chart that breaks down how quickly you can download movies, video games, and more with UTOPIA Fiber.
- Check out this blog post about how to sign up for fiber services on our community-owned network, and how to talk with your city council or HOA about partnering with us for a fiber project.