October Monthly Update
November 2nd, 2020
Spooky season is over, and you know what that means…it’s officially time to put up your Christmas tree! (Just kidding!) The past few months, we’ve been quietly working to complete more footprints throughout our member cities. We have a lot of areas opening up before 2021, so make sure to follow our socials to be the first to hear about our footprint releases. Keep reading to see what we’ve been up to this October.
- We completed PA004 this month, connecting an additional 202 addresses in Payson City, Utah to our ultra-fast fiber network.
- We also completed our MD007 footprint with 442 additional homes in Midvale City. These homes can now stream, work from home, and learn remotely at the speed of light.
Below is a list of the HOAs that we built-out this month. HOAs, townhomes, and apartments are typically built on private roads, which means we cannot service residents in that area unless the HOA board or property manager allows us to. If you live in a multi-dwelling community, check out our blog post about how to get your property manager on board with UTOPIA Fiber.
UTOPIA Fiber in the news
- Check out this awesome video created by our friend Quinn at Snazzy Labs explaining true Internet speeds.
- Our CEO, Roger Timmerman, spoke with at the Mountain Connect Conference 5G Fact and Fiction for Local Officials panel. The panel discussed the relationship between 5G and fiber for local officials and debunked 5G myths.
- Check out this article in BYU Magazine about our Wildfire Detection program, the EDWIN Project, that our Smart City Innovation Team created in collaboration with a group of BYU students. Our team is working with a new group of students this year to beta test the EDWIN Project and create new smart city applications.
- Click here to read our blog about the Broadband Digital Divide and what we’ve been doing to bridge the gap.
- Check out this blog post to learn what Internet Bandwidth and speed truly mean and find out what sets them apart.
- We’ve all spent a lot of time online this year, more time than ever, according to recent studies. But what websites get the most traffic? Check out this list to see the 15 most visited websites this year.
- According to Breach Level Index, hackers steal 75 records every second. We want to help keep your Wi-Fi secure. Read this blog post to see our top 10 tips on how to keep your home network safe.