May Monthly Update
June 1st, 2021
Another month has flown by and we’re back with another update. Read on to see what our team got up to this May.
- We’re hiring! We are currently seeking individuals to join our team. Follow this link to see what positions are open.
- Last month we announced our partnership with the City of Pleasant Grove! We’re still working on our build-out timelines and availability maps, so keep checking back for more information.
A lot of building is going on right now in our cities, so make sure to check out our build-out timelines for upcoming releases. And fill out your information at http://givemeutopiafiber.com/ so that we can contact you as soon as your home is ready for sign-up! Here’s a run-down of the release(s) we had this past month.
- We completed our entire MU013 footprint, connecting the last 47 homes in Murray City. Residents in MU013 can sign up now for the fastest speeds in the nation.
- An additional 1,053 addresses in Clearfield have been connected in CF005 and CF006. 283 of those addresses belong to CF005 and the other 770 addresses finish off phase 1 of CF006!
- West Valley City has added 1,618 new addresses in WV032.
- The Gables HOA in Midvale has added 68 addresses in MD009.
- Green Valley Condos in Lindon have added 46 homes to LI005.
- Sun Meadows HOA in West Point added an additional 29 homes in WP001.
- Riviera Townhouses HOA in Centerville added 32 homes in CV006.
UTOPIA Fiber in the news
- Our CMO, Kim McKinley, was on two more episodes of the Connect This! Podcast, one talking about what Open Access is like for ISPs and the other discussing a new rule issued by President Biden’s Treasury Department. You can find them here and here.
- UTOPIA Fiber was featured in Bloomberg and The Bond Buyer in articles about the future of municipal broadband.
Blog and Vlog posts
- It’s finally sprinkler season, so check out this blog post if we’ve been working in your yard lately.